- Performs a variety of daily and monthly financial functions as backup to the CFO. Assists CFO with other financial tasks as required.
- All accounting functions of two subsidiary companies using QuickBooks.
- Company-wide office supply program, ordering pre-preprinted office forms, and purchasing office furniture.
- Monthly maintenance and distribution of the employee incentive program.
- The acquisition of office equipment, maintenance, and service contracts. Ensuring the proper availability of office support services.
- Learns the daily accounting functions on the main computer system (Agility) and the document storage software. Assists accounts payable with select vendor invoice posting.
- Provides backup support to the Accounts Receivable Clerk, the Accounts Payable Clerk, and the Administrative Assistant.
- Assists with a wide variety of administrative and clerical duties. Maintains all records and files assigned to this function in good order and ensures the safekeeping of all company records, including computer information that allows others to locate key information in the absence of the incumbent. Maintains the confidentiality of any documents or files that are processed or utilized.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A High school diploma or G.E.D. required, Accounting degree preferred.
- Four or more years of bookkeeping experience required.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Word and advanced skills with Microsoft Excel required.
- Must have demonstrated excellent communication skills including professional telephone skills and etiquette.
- Must have the ability to work well with different personalities and communication styles.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machines, adding machines, copiers, and desktop computer.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships with customers, vendors, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Provides effective customer service to all Branch personnel in a helpful, courteous manner.
- Promotes teamwork throughout the workplace and positively impact overall morale.
- Completes all work assignments during scheduled hours in an accurate and timely manner, making the most effective use of one’s time and talent.
- Must be self-starter, needing minimal supervision.
- Performs a wide variety of duties involving a general knowledge of accounting and company policies and procedures to meet specific objectives of the CFO.