EXCELLENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY
The Financial Analyst performs routine and ad-hoc financial, operational, and sales analyses for the Manager of Planning and Analysis and executive team, assists with the compilation of the annual capital and operating budgets, and assists the accounting team with various tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis utilizing PC models, BI analytical tools and reporting tools like Jet reports
- Assists in developing and compiling annual sales, operating and capital budgets and quarterly forecasts. Requires coordination of budgeting process with management and ensures deadlines are established and achieved
- Monitors, researches and reports on budget variances
- Assists Controller with month-end close analysis
- Completes various month-end balance sheet account analysis
- Completes the monthly executive financial and other reports as required
- Maintains Evergreen CPA model and performs analysis using the stratification data as required.
- Compiles data for the semi-annual Evergreen CPA updates.
- Develops, maintains and distributes PC models and Pivotier/BI reports to aid in daily, weekly and monthly analysis of sales and financial results
- Assists Manager of Planning and Analysis with training users to build their competencies on BI cube reports and functionality, as well as Jet reports.
- Analyzes A/R, inventory and A/P turns to ensure Company is effectively utilizing working capital based on Company targets
- Performs capital spending audits on projects with ROI to determine whether goals have been met
- Maintains fixed asset records and files throughout the year. Compiles various fixed assets schedules for RKL for year-end review
- Assists Controller with monthly and quarterly vehicle and state mileage summaries
- Assists Controller with other tasks as assigned
- Accepts assignments varying in size and scope as well as other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Skilled in developing complex PC models to assist in analytical making process. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
Attention to Detail/Quality - Does not let important details slip through the cracks and carefully checks own work for accuracy and completeness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and controls in processes.
Intelligence/Problem Solving - Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information. Able to resolve complex problems/issues independently, involving others only when necessary.
Efficiency - Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Meets assigned target dates and notifies appropriate staff when dates will be missed.
Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including e-mail. Ability to summarize and present complex information clearly both verbally and in writing. Edits work for spelling and grammar. Listens well and gets clarification if communication is not understood.
Teamwork - Reaches out to peers and cooperates with managers to establish an overall collaborative working relationship. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Puts success of team above own interests.
Flexibility/adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change. Manages and prioritizes competing demands effectively.
Persistence - Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
Assertiveness - Willing to defend his/her point of view and take a stand using fact based data without being overly abrasive.
Work Ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Planning/Organizing – Sets goals and objectives; Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Ability to maintain confidentiality; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibilities for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance. One to three years’ financial analysis and budgeting experience in manufacturing or distribution. Experience building complex PC models for analytical and reporting purposes.
Ability to read and interpret Company documents; Ability to summarize complex projects and write proposals, reports and business correspondence; Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to employees and outside parties.
Ability to create complex mathematical formulas, and utilize statistical analysis and finance principals in order to create financial models and reach conclusions for projects presented. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money, weight measurement, and volume. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to use logic and reason to develop complex analyses independently – the variables used in these analyses might not always be readily available, so another means of getting to the end result sometimes needs to be created; Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in oral and written form; Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have advanced knowledge of MS Excel and experience with mining and manipulating data using Pivot Tables and advanced Excel functions. Experience working with ERP systems, business intelligence (BI) systems and multidimensional modeling software. Knowledge of MS Outlook and intermediate knowledge of Word and Power Point; MS Access knowledge a plus; experience with MS Dynamics Navision a plus. Must have ability to type 45+ wpm.