Now Hiring Machine operators!
Both Entry level - skilled Machine set-up experience a plus!
Start machine that automatically injects urethane material into a heated mold.
2. Turn valves, dials and knobs of machines to regulate pressure and reinforcement tensions (yarn tensions).
3. Observe and record the results of displays, meters and gauges in order to verify specified temperatures, pressures, and cycle times.
4. Examine product for surface defects such as air, poor reinforcement, and improper slitting.
5. Measure finished goods (belts) using precision measuring equipment (hand calipers, length gauges, and drop gauges) to ensure conformance to work order specifications.
6. Visually inspect finished goods for surface defects and make a determination, per standards, to accept or reject.
7. Throw flash/overshoot and rejected parts into trash can for later disposal.
8. Remove product (sleeve) from mold, trim flashing from product, remove excess material, clean and prepare (treat) the mold for next cycle.
9. Feel stiffness and consistency of the product (molded sleeve) to detect machinery malfunctions and product defects.
10. Stack/remove molded belts on rack for post cure and subsequent processing (inspection,
packing, and shipping).
11. Report defects in product and tool damage to floor technician, supervisor, and process
12. Read work order specifications to verify setup, raw materials, prescribed temperatures, and time settings.
13. Observe and adjust machine and operations to eliminate production of defective parts (sleeves and belts).
14. Clean, brush, dry ice blast and spray surfaces of mold with release agent to ensure smoothness an prevent sticking/ defects.
15. Clean, trim, and smooth product (sleeves and belts).
16. Speak to technicians, engineers, operators, and quality associates to effectively convey key information.
17. Actively listen to verbal instructions and follow written instructions.
18. Obtain and properly use tools and factory supplies.
19. Has a sense of urgency and manages time effectively.
20. Enter and record key process information electronically and on paper (Production reporting system / AS400 and Quality Windows).
21. Examine tools for damage. Report damage to supervisor, QA Technician and Floor Technician.
22. Prevent personal injury by following documented safety procedures, identifying safety hazards, and keeping surrounding areas clean and neat.
23. Focus on what he/she can contribute to improving the process, product or productivity.
24. Follow ISO procedures
25. Participate in overtime as required.
Adapts positively to change; willingly works outside immediate role; deals tactfully with differences of opinion; accepts constructive criticism and feedback; treats others with dignity and respect; assists others when time permits, and trains and shares job knowledge.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE (The level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Please apply in persone at Ephrata Office at:
348 N Reading Rd
Ephrata, PA 17522
for immediate consideration send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org