The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including preparation of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and operating budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with general accepted accounting principles. The controller is also responsible for credit, cash and risk management. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to supervise the Accounting staff and work with other members of the management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the accounting and reporting function, with both hands-on responsibility for some activities and supervisory or oversight responsibility for others.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly and annual financial projections and reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and budgets.
- Perform the monthly closings, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliation of accounts,
- Supervise the activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management.
- Oversee the inventory control activities to assure the accuracy of inventory records and compilations, working closely with production and accounts payable.
- Oversee the property, casualty and liability insurance functions, assuring the maintenance of adequate insurance coverages.
- Manage all aspects of the commercial banking relationships
- Coordinate the provision of financial information to outside accountants needed to prepare the annual financial statements.
- Responsible for the accounting and reporting functions for affiliate companies.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all corporate income tax returns by providing information to and coordinating the activities of the outside tax accountants.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
- Respond to the CFO as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate financial needs.
- Direct the activities of the Human Resources and Information Technology departments.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. CPA or MBA strongly preferred
- 10 Years hands-on accounting managerial experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and principles
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal, mathematical, analytical and computer system skills
- Organized and ability to problem solve in an industrial environment
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and a self-starter.
- Minimal local travel required.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Ability to use hands and fingers to operate tools necessary for accounting functions.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to lift/move up to 20 lbs.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- Sit eight hours per shift.