Essential Job Functions:
- Responds to requests from the Department Supervisors for maintenance, adjustments or repairs to foundry machinery and equipment as well as building and grounds.
- Prioritizes Maintenance Request Forms with first priority to production equipment breakdowns.
- Provides maintenance, adjustments and repair covering mechanical, plumbing, hydraulics, lubrication, cleaning, electrical etc.
- If help is needed, assists in other departments when instructed by a supervisor.
- Performs all duties and functions in a manner that will minimize downtime.
- Inspects equipment for preventative maintenance and reports any needed repairs or adjustments needed to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists Maintenance Supervisor in ordering parts, supplies, tools and custodial supplies and equipment.
- Keep maintenance records showing the dates of service to the various pieces of foundry machinery and equipment.
- Helps maintain an inventory of small parts and reports for recorders of parts, as necessary
- Starts up the required equipment and inspects
- Carries out all duties & responsibilities in full accordance with the Company’s policies & procedures
- Maintains clean work area
Non-Essential Job Functions:
- Fills out and records time on production sheet each day
- Performs other related duties as required or requested
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
- Various to all included
Mandatory Personal Protective (In Production Area):
- Safety Glasses
- Safety shoes in good condition, no holes
- Hearing Protection
- Leather gloves (not mandatory)
- Welding Shield
- Respiratory Protection (recommended but not mandatory)
Safety Rules & Functions:
- Follow all safety guidelines for equipment as suggested by manufacturer
- When providing maintenance, adjustments or repair on equipment, follow all rules of the Lockout/Tagout procedures. Each employee must have his own key & lock-to-lock out equipment.
- All guards must be replaced after repairs are complete and before equipment may be run.
- Any tools with mushroomed heads or loose handles are strictly prohibited
- All ladders must have safety feet and may not be painted, cracked, broken, greasy, missing parts, and no wooden parts may be repaired
- All power tools and outlets must be grounded plant wide.
- Only approved air nozzles/blow guns with safety tips are to be used; Air nozzles/blow guns are not to be altered in any manner.
- When there is danger to other employees, areas must be roped off and warning signs and tags used to denote danger.
- All stored compressed gas cylinders must be capped, stored upright and chained at all times in the respective area, whether empty or full
- All paints, solvents, aerosols and other flammables must be kept in grounded or vented safety metal cabinets
- Follow all other departmental & plant-wide safety rules
- Carries out all duties & responsibilities in full accordance with the Company’s safety program & procedures