EXCELLENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY!
Manages field crews for mid-size to large scale projects, performs physical labor and utilizes tools and equipment necessary to provide services related to site remediation; tank cleaning/removal; demolition; and site restoration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in any technical and safety training provided by the company and abide by the guidelines presented. Confined-space entry and 40-hour OSHA classes are required.
- Estimate manpower, equipment, supplies, and completion times for mid-size to large scale projects and prepare proposals based upon estimates.
- Coordinate/communicate site-related needs with other departments within company to ensure efficient, effective operations.
- On call as needed
- Oversee all hydro-blasting work 10k, 20k, NS 40k
- Licensed UST and AST remover in PA
- Effectively coordinate equipment/manpower project schedules to ensure project completion with designated time/costs on multiple projects running concurrently.
- Operate basic heavy equipment in the field and supervise other operators.
- Supervise and participate in the tasks necessary to open, clean, and remove underground and above-ground storage tanks.
- Collect samples of soil and other materials for analysis.
- Utilize all hand tools, pumps, saws, compressors, and other equipment in a safe and effective manner; maintain all equipment in good condition; clean and store as instructed; alert supervisor to any problems with equipment or shortage of supplies.
- Document all activities accurately and turn in paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interact with customers and co-workers in a professional and respectful manner; negotiate changes in scope of work as necessary; negotiate pricing with disposal vendors to maximize profit margins.
- Demonstrate procedures/techniques to newer employees through instruction and example.
- Two-to-four years experience in field operations
- Complete understanding of environmental operations, environmental safety issues, project-related paperwork and waste shipping documentation
- Familiarity with the use and care of hand tools, motorized equipment, and heavy equipment
- Physical strength, stamina, and ability to lift heavy objects
- Ability to manage staff in completion of site-related activities; make prompt decisions to protect company's interests; and communicate decisions effectively to associates
- Ability to coordinate site-related activities for large, multi-phased projects with minimal supervision
- Willingness to accept on-call duties on a rotating basis; ability to work overtime when necessary, including occasional travel and overnight stays
- Valid driver's license is mandatory, CDL is preferred
- Respond to Emergency Response calls
- Supervising field crew: 1 year
- heavy equipment operating: 1 year
- Field Service Operations: 2 years
- EPA regulations: 1 year
- DOT regulations: 1 year
- OSHA: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- CDL Class A
- CDL Class B
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org