Excellent direct hire opportunity!
Estimator, Structural and Installation
Determine the various requirements for projects such as material costs, labor costs, equipment costs, and securing the final bids with customers.
Primary Job Duties
- The ability to clearly interpret design drawings for the purpose of “taking off” materials during the bid process.
- Prepare comprehensive estimates for fabrication and installation of structural and miscellaneous steel projects.
- Compose scope and bid letters for the purpose of selling a project.
- Provide design build ideas working with the customer as needed when they are looking for custom fabrications or valued engineering.
- Obtain and analyze pricing information during the estimating process from suppliers.
- Purchase materials and services for fabrication and installation projects as well as negotiate purchasing terms and pricing.
- Communicate clearly to customers regarding details of projects during the bidding process as well as vendors and other suppliers.
- Provide management a full cost breakdown in materials and services of a bidding project prior to offering a project proposal.
- Conduct project overview meetings and post project reviews
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills in managing customers and vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any current time.
- Must be flexible and open to constant changes in work flow.
- The ability to handle a variety of tasks under time constraints.
- Ability to look for new and innovative ways for process improvements.
- Ability to take direction as well as provide suggestions and input.The ability to gather costs and pricing during the estimating process from suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis in creating and utilizing Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
Education and Experience
- Solid understanding of new steel construction and renovation work. Dealing with other trades, and the understanding of the installation of new and renovation steel.
- Clear understanding of Architectural and Structural Drawings
- Experience with steel fabrication and erection projects / industry.
- Experience creating budgets, experience reports, and P&L reports
Please send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com