~EXCELLENT DIRECT HIRE OPPORTUNITY - MANAGER OF GLOBAL PARCEL TRANSPORTATION~
• Enable the management of corporate Global Parcel service providers through quantitative analysis and Monthly/Quarterly/Annual reporting of service providers. Supervise quarterly review meetings with all Parcel carriers.
Lead carrier contract negotiations through RFP creation, bid analysis, contract management and volume forecasting.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of all parcel activity, field corporate inquiries and troubleshoot service issues.
• Identify need, design and supervise the execution of business process improvements including shipment visibility & exception based management reporting.
• Report financial data on monthly expenses for Global Parcel operations: Reporting should be segregated by Global company region. Analyze the plan against actual performance. Manage timely transmitted Parcel data to Accounts Payable. Identify and Manage the opportunities for cost control. Measure & report results of cost reduction initiatives.
• Develop & execute reporting to the department’s internal customers. Work with the department executives & divisions to define key performance metrics for logistics services to all divisions & warehouses. Report performance on a monthly/quarterly basis to the internal customers. Manage department staff to improve performance.
5-7 years of Domestic / International Logistics experience concentrated in the area of Parcel mode of transportation.
Retail Industry preferred
Bachelors degree preferred
Logistics, finance or International business background helpful
Analytical, Organizational, Interpersonal with exceptional Leadership skills and strong Negotiating skills required
Ability to communicate effectively and influence others through written and oral presentations.
Must be Expert level with MS office including Access & Power-point