We are hiring 3rd shift Industrial Painters for the Denver, PA area.
Send in your resume today: email@example.com
or call us at 717-336-5959 with any questions.
Sprays surfaces of manufactured parts and trailers with protective material such as primer and paint by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows necessary procedures and work instructions.
- Reads paperwork or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or products to be washed or painted.
- Prepares product for paint as needed.
- Applies masking over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- Selects and mixes coating liquid to produce required color.
- Turns sprayer valves and nozzle to regulate width and pressure of spray, as necessary.
- Pulls trigger and directs spray onto work surface to apply prime or finish coat.
- Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool.
- Inspects finished product to ensure required specifications.
- Safely operates forklift, tractors, or electric hoists in moving product.
- Follows safety guidelines and uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and daily usage reports.
- Assists with routine cleaning and maintenance in Paint and Washing areas.
- Assists with training of new employees in the Washer and Painter positions.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six months to one year related experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ablity to work in a team environment.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.