We are hiring a temporary Maintenance Technician for the Denver area.
The position is 2nd or 3rd shift with training on 1st shift Monday-Friday.
Send in your resume today for immediate consideration!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for assisting with the general maintenance and upkeep of equipment, building facilities, and grounds. Successful candidates must have strong interpersonal communication skills in order to develop and maintain teamwork, contribute to a positive culture, and demonstrate a strong work ethic. Experience in industrial maintenance (PLC) including both mechanical and electrical troubleshooting is preferred along with the necessary qualifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain machinery and support production operations in wire mill.
- Trouble-shoot and repair various electrical and mechanical production equipment in wire mill.
- Assist with the daily, weekly, monthly preventative maintenance procedures, maintain records, computer files and update and revise files & procedures as necessary.
- Work with production in troubleshooting and scheduling preventative maintenance and equipment repairs.
- Report to Maintenance Lead and production regarding work completed.
- Assist with safety compliance inspections and maintain operating certificates such as boiler and pressure vessel certificates.
- Analyze equipment failures, determines cause(s) and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Perform a variety of skilled work in the maintenance and repair of Direct Manufacturing facilities, building and grounds and ensures all are maintained to Company standards.
- Assist with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state and local codes, regulations and requirements.
- Analyze equipment failures, determine cause(s) and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Maintain spare parts inventory, storage and organization and ensure spare parts are ordered in a timely manner.
· Assist in coordinating outside contractors and trades to provide support when and where necessary. Monitor work of technicians, outside contractors, or others working under the direction of Maintenance Lead Technician.
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Education and training beyond high school level in general maintenance and repair.
- Three years’ experience in industrial maintenance including both mechanical and electrical trouble shooting.
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC and motor controls and two years’ experience working with industrial controls or related systems. Formal training in related fields will substitute for one of the two year minimum.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills when interacting with fellow employees and vendors.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties.