We are hiring a 3rd Shift Paint Prepper for the Denver, PA area.
Send in your resume today: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call us at 717-336-5959 with any questions.
Washes and prepares product for paint by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows necessary procedures and work instructions.
- Reads paperwork or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or products to be washed and prepped for paint.
- Sprays objects with sprayer nozzle or immerses objects in washing and finishing solutions to remove debris.
- Measures, prepares and pours specified quantity of soap or chemicals into water or other solutions.
- Applies masking over parts and areas that are not to be coated.
- Fills cavities and dents with putty to attain smooth surface.
- Removes rust from metal with acid, wire brush, or steel wool.
- Safely operates forklift, hand cart or tractor to move product to drying area.
- Follows safety guidelines and uses all required personal protective equipment.
- Assists with routine cleaning and maintenance in Paint and Washing areas.
- Assists and trains in paint and wash functions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.