Great opportunity with Douglassville area company!
Specific Areas of Responsibility
• To continuously review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements, and making recommendation for improvement as appropriate.
• Review customer QC requirments and ensure that quality control documentation for a project meets contract requirements
• Assist in inspecting parts at the molding machines for dimensional and cosmetic criteria established by the customer part prints.
• Communicate with others in the molding department the results of inspecttions if adjustments need to be made
• Participate in weekly production meetings.
• Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and the company manual
• Perform incoming inspection of parts used in molding.
• Make recommendations as needed to modify the ISO manual.
• Perform other duties as required by management.
To co-ordinate and control the day to day operations of inspection personnel, so as to provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment, ensuring;
• All plant and equipment is safely operated
• All physical resources are maintained, stored and organized to allow efficient and effective operations.
To manage and direct the QC department through sound personnel practices such as;
• Performance management
• Identification of training needs. Conduct training as needed to ensure operational compliance with QMS.
• Leadership and team work skills within quality department and cross functional with other departments.
• Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
• Interface with customers regarding quality concerns/issues.
• Manage and control all quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures, client specifications and contract requirements.
• Assist in production of generic and project specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
• Collect info for Management Review Meetings per ISO requirements and record minutes.
• Monitor and manage the gauge calibration program.
• Monitor and report quality control progress, notifying any preducted shortfall or discrepencies against timescale and budgets.
• Provide accurate and relevant KPI as needed for the business.
• Supervise QC Inspectors
• Ensure that quality instruments are calibrated appropriately according to standards.
• ISO 9001 Standard, inspection equipment including calipers, micrometers, scales, CMM, Moisture analyzer and other lab equipment as needed.
• Must have knowledge of office computer software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Must be familiar with relational databases such as MS Access, Lotus Approach.
Experience & Knowledge
• Working knowledge of quality systems and appropriate industry standards, including ISO requirements. Including certifications.
• Display proficiency in blue print reading, the use of all measuring devices and operate a coordinate measuring machine.
• Proficient with data entry of inspection results and inspection operations into the computer.
• Ability to read job orders, drawings, customer specifications and quality criteria/requirements.
• Ability to respond to rejection findings quickly and effectively present the information to supervisors and operators.
• Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, division, fractions, and percentages to practical situations.
• Ability to define problems, record data, establish facts and interpret a variety of instructions in written or verbal form.