The Shipping Associate is responsible for advanced scan gun operation including PO receipts; basic tow motor and high lift operation; advanced packaging and order prep including wrapper equipment; and small package shipping. The position requires the individual to be safety conscious at all times and comply with all environmental, health and safety (E.H.S) procedures. Successful candidates must be able to follow company policies, procedures, and work instructions in order to meet quality and productivity expectations; communicate and cross train fellow employees; and maintain a clean and organized work area. The Shipping Associate II should be proficient in one other Operations function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced scan gun operation including PO receipt.
- Tow motor and high lift equipment operation.
- Advanced packing and order preparation which includes wrapper operation and small package shipping.
- Basic packaging and labeling of finished products.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Responsible for communication and assisting in cross-training
Job REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION and skills requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret routine instructions
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Organized and ability to problem solve in an industrial environment
- Ability to operate material movement and packaging equipment
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Eye protection is required provided by the company.
- Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to airborne particles and vibration.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50 lbs. Push/pull items up to 250 lbs. with assistance.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- Stand eight hours per shift. Steel toe shoes required.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions.
- Perform general housekeeping including sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Note: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position.Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.