1st, 2nd, and weekend shifts available!
This position operates high reach standup forklift, pallet jack and electric hand truck equipment to collect or deliver materials, parts or products in or between departments, buildings and trucks.
The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure materials movement in the facility is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Picks product and records appropriate information on pick ticket in a dry goods or refrigerated warehouse. Place finished goods into proper rack locations or blast cells;
- Completes orders and identifies properly. Records product by label, lot code and slotting location on product transfer sheets;
- Stages completed orders, stacks product onto pallets using proper pallet patterns;
- Loads orders on trailers, rotates stock and keeps accurate inventory;
- Unloads all finished goods transferring into warehouse from trailers;
- Picks and transfers product to and from racking for project room;
- Inventories and consolidates product as needed;
- Performs housekeeping to maintain clean work area;
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or repairs to supervisor; clean equipment;
- Participates in Continuous Improvement Process;
- Follows all Quality policies & procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's);
- Follows all Safety policies & procedures and participates in monthly observations;
- Serves as a member of various employee committees, as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Quality of work, Job Safety, Cost Control, Teamwork & Leadership, Inclusion & Communication
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works in an environment with the following conditions;
Exposure to hot or cold Climate continuously
Exposure to chemical occasionally
Exposure to noise and vibration continuously
Exposure to wet and humid conditions occasionally
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Stand - continuously
Stoop/Bend - continuously
Squat - frequently
Crawl - occasionally
Climb stairs or ladders, occasionally
Reach - chest level, above or below - continuously
Push - 70lbs frequently
Pull - 70lbs frequently
Lift/carry - 70lbs frequently
Position Type/Expected Hours or Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours vary depending on the shift and department.
Overtime and weekend work is required at times. Vacation coverage as needed.
Required Education and Experience
1. Ability to speak, read, write and comprehend English
2. Forklift Certification
3. Stand up reach truck experience
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Clean driving record
2. 1 year of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that demonstrates the ability to do the job
3. Experience working in a food manufacturing environment or refrigerated warehouse
4. Effective written and verbal communication skills
5. HS diploma/GED or commensurate experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Eligible to work in USA.
Food Safety and Product Quality
This position is responsible for supporting the food safety management system and for communicating food safety issues to the Quality Department.